Thursday, October 30, 2014

If I Weren't a Mormon...

If I weren't a Mormon...
    I would drink wine at night.
    I would have my 10 piercings back in and probably more.
    I would have more tattoos.
    I would dress like this:

and like this:
     I would swear like a sailor.
     I would go out on Sundays.
     I would watch rated R movies.
     I may even have dreads. (Yup, I said it.)
     I would read 50 Shades of Grey.
     I would probably be divorced.

    I would do many more things that I am not comfortable sharing. So, doesn't doing whatever you want bring happiness? Satisfying every appetite. I have been there and done that. Although at times I feel like I want to do something that is not conducive to my covenants, I remember how I felt before becoming a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I was "free", but not happy.  That lie of "freedom" were actually chains of hell holding me down. (Don't mean to be melodramatic, but that's how I remember it.) I have changed my life to live for Heavenly Father and to do His will.

Now, that I am a Mormon:
     I understand my Divine Nature as a child of God
     I have taken back my power as a woman
     If I keep my side of the bargain I can live with Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and hopefully my family after this earthly life.
    I respect my body and see it as a temple.
    I have greater compassion for others.
    I have a day of rest to remember my Savior.
    I fill my mind and senses with uplifting messages.
    I work hard on a marriage that brings many blessings.
    I have many children that I am brining up in the Lord.

The last sentence doesn't do that blessing any justice ;) Now that I am a Mormon I understand where we came from, why we are here and where we are going. I came to know this for myself as I was taught. This change has changed my life. It is scary for me to think where I might be if I did not join.

I will take all my post-baptism blessings (and they are) over my pre-baptism worldly, selfish life any day!

``````` I am not saying if you are not a member of this Church that you do not do, understand nor have these blessings. This is specific to my life. I believe we all have a right worship our God how and where we may as long as no one is being hurt. And if you choose not to believe, so be it. But please don't call me names because my faith is different- you are reading a Mormon blog!
 
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment